Wednesday, January 21, 2009

On Humility

In spite of my high hopes and my passion for writing, it's not hard to maintain a little humility.... My notes and manuscript are so very full of hilarious typos (or freudian slips) that I have no trouble keeping things in perspective. (next time I run across one I'll post it, just for fun).

I'm quagmired in an effort to pile all of my notes into one document, so I can spend my weekend reevaluating the bigger picture and pounding out an outline.

It's just soooo tempting to keep thinking about and working on one of the two other novel ideas vying for attention.

But no, I will forge ahead. Humbly, and with periodic bursts of laughter at what a former self thought passed for "writing."

1 comment:

Anna said...

oh yes, I like to believe those a definitely 'humility moments'...

hee hee... you are not alone! :)))

Followers

Search This Blog