Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Phobia

To be honest, I'm afraid to read the manuscript staring at me from the dining room table where I write.

I've purchased a lovely legal pad, to help with mapping and note-taking as I read through it. I've given myself a pep talk. I've talked to the one person who has read it, and she's given me a pep talk.

Yet every time I sit down during my alotted (or stolen) time to write, I find something else to do. Brainstorming, free writing, random day dreaming... anything but read the Nanowrimo draft.

I really don't want to just move away from it, leaving it all jiggly, unset like the failed quiche I attempted to make the other night, when I truly believe that a few of the changes already percolating in my sleep-deprived brain will improve it greatly.

The problem is, I think, that I love it, and I don't want to look at what it really is out of fear that it is not salvageable.... but everything is salvageable, right?! And a major blizzard is heading our way, leaving me with no plans and no excuses.

I will read this thing, and I will start the editing process.

I will!

In the meantime, I've drafted a synopsis for the next project that has stolen my heart. It will be comedy/satire, called Sister Savior. I'll post the synopsis tomorrow!

No comments:

Followers

Search This Blog