Friday, October 22, 2010

Left to their Own Devices

For all of this beautiful month I have been hearing, "I don't want to go in the backyard." Partly because Maya is now terrified of any flying bug. Partly because the neighbor kids are more likely to race out to play if they spot my girls in the front yard.

But I like to think that part of the problem was clutter. This week, I put the garden to bed, stashed all of the toys in the shed for winter, and sent the chickens off to their retirement petting zoo. The girls were left with nothing to do, so of course that was the only place they wanted to be.

For more than two hours yesterday, they pretended they were baby birds. They built nests. They roosted.


They hatched eggs. Then of course they had to find worms for their babies. For a while I served as the birdie pediatrician.



If the secret is to clear out the clutter and all of the plastic, I've got my work cut out for me in the house!

1 comment:

Anna Scott Graham said...

I love those autumnal shots... :)))

Followers

Search This Blog