Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Halloween Laughs

I overheard the girls "playing" trick or treat in the playroom this morning (it has supplanted the previous "Meals on Wheels" game they enjoyed when we first began making deliveries.


I heard the knock on the door. Then Elliot's little voice, full of false timidity, asked "who's there?"

Then in unison, they sang the following song loudly before dissolving into giggles:

Trick or Treat
Smell my feet
Give me something good to eat.




I popped my head in at that point. "Very funny girls, but don't say that at anyone's real door. It's not polite. It sounds greedy." I stopped myself in my prim rant, thinking I'd better lighten up a little. It is a holiday solely based on costumes and candy, after all.

"But mo-om," Maya protested, "Dad told us to. He taught us!"

Ah, the immortal influences of dad... and Bart Simpson.

2 comments:

Anna Scott Graham said...

This made me smile... :)))

Zoleigh said...

have fun tomorrow and take lots of pictures!

Followers

Search This Blog