Thursday, September 23, 2010

Flickering Details

While I'm sorting out which girl has class when and which Spanish class to sign Maya up for, the girls jump around upstairs shouting "Neeeeeeeigh" at the top of their lungs. They have horse races, feast on oats, and set up their own stables.

The flickering, fluctuating details of back-to-school plus my own work plus my own class plus various social events on the horizon have me so disoriented, I can barely settle my thoughts long enough to collect a cogent sentence-full of words.

See?

Both girls, on the other hand, are now completely content with their new schedule. They spend their afternoons building forts and staging elaborate puppet shows. Maya sings her new phonetic alphabet songs to Elle, who, I must now admit, got freakishly lucky spelling her name that first time.

Today she set up her letter magnets and asked, "Does this say E-L-L-I-O-T, Elliot?"

Um, no. Not even close: E, D, Q, Upside down Y, O, T

Still, they're learning. They're having fun. And we still have time to bake cookies. This kindergarten thing just might work.

No comments:

Followers

Search This Blog