Thursday, April 9, 2009

Still Here!

Awaiting my poor sad computer and blank slate.

I toyed with the idea of starting a new project, ditching the rewrite until I felt up to it... but Laney is still knocking on that door, her voice is in my head nearly all the time.

I fear she may be hijacking the story. Before her long wait at the door to her now deceased ex-boyfriend's mother's house, with two young kids in tow, she was only a side character, moving the plot along with her overprotective aggression...

Now she wants a real piece of the action, and the next few scenes are all ready to go in my head (and scratched and scattered in a few notebooks).

So this weekend, I continue... this time with frequent back ups!

Oh, and I'm 30 now... but it's okay, because NANOWRIMO conned me in to finishing a first draft of a novel... so 30 is nothing!

1 comment:

Anna said...

I've had that happen... a character comes along and becomes far more important than you'd imagined...

oi for NANO!! what can it do to us??? :)))

Followers

Search This Blog