Monday, January 26, 2009

Queen of the Mess

Just ask Joe. When it comes to making a mess, I'm the Queen, the Champion, the Top Dog... Even when my competitors are still developing their fine motor skills and large muscle groups.

The reason is simple. I'm the mastermind for messy activities. On days like this, when winter is this endlessly fierce cold pressing in on us, preventing our escape, why not make a mess? The activity plus the clean up will consume a good chuck of time that, on bright summer days, would be spent in the garden or the sandbox.... oh how I miss them. And the mess.

This was one of my messier activities. We lugged the plastic kitchen into the real kitchen, laid down some towels, and brought in some water. The result was a soggy, splashy mess. And a good hour of occupied kid time that freed me up to clean a few things that needed to be taken care of. So in spite of the still-damp kitchen, it was a constructive mess.

Gotta love that!




No comments:

Followers

Search This Blog