Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Nano Day 5 - 16,299

I hit about 2,500 today, though it was like pulling teeth.

Everything I wrote sounded completely uninspired. I feel like I have so many things I need my characters to DO for the plot, that I don't get much time to just BE in their heads or to describe the broader scenes.

Maybe it was just a bad day to write... lazy old muse. Or maybe it isn't as bad as I think. Or maybe it is, and I can layer in the more interesting bits later. I think I have already eliminated a couple of characters... or at least side lined them to really small, bit parts instead of major players. It's just too much to keep track of it all.

And I do need to start taking Baty's advice and keeping a notebook at my side to keep straight the names of random friends or siblings of my main characters, or weird hobbies or ticks they end up with, so that these things can be consistent form one scene to the next.

Grr, and I just this moment realized that I wrote an entire scene excluding a character that was there at the start, and then just vanished.

Not my best day so far. Shouldn't have skipped yesterday; it threw me off!

No comments:

Followers

Search This Blog