Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Inklings Transformed

As I've been casting about for ways to improve my writing, I stumbled across the National Novel Writing Month Competition. By competition, I mean you battle your own procrastinating couch potato in order to write 50,000 words of prose in a month, a.k.a. your first novel. The discussion forums and advice of other aspiring or amateur writers helps keep the couch potato at bay.

November is officially NaNoWriMo, and I'm looking forward to joining the 100,000 or so other writers around the world that attempt this. Last year, only around 15,000 writers made the 50,000 word goal. In 2008, I plan to be among them.

With this in mind, I am bravely transforming my lurking blog, Everyday Inklings, into what I originally expected it to be. A tool to get me writing and to keep me writing.

Here I'll detail my NaNoWriMo experience, writer's angst, and the tricks I pick up along the way.

Wish me luck. I've always wanted to complete a novel before I turn 30. The clock is ticking!

No comments:

Followers

Search This Blog