Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Draft!

For the first time since graduate school, when a speech by Madeline Albright and accompanying protesters inspired me to write a complete but unread essay, I have completed a writing goal.

Admittedly, it was a small goal. I decided that if I really intend to write a novel in the fall, I should complete a smaller project first. Thanks to an hour of daily story time with two young children, my head is fairly brimming with picture book ideas.

Last night, I completed a (very rough) draft of a 1,000 word children's story. The unfinished product in no way resembles the slightly irreverent, endearing, and parent-friendly vision that sounded so good in my head. But maybe, with a bit of editing, it will get there.

For now, I'm thrilled that I've completed something. Multiply this little effort by 50,000 and I'll complete the NaNoWriMo challenge!

No comments:

Followers

Search This Blog