Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Our Life in Dry Out


We were all spoiled last week. The girls had the lake, tv, gummy worms, pie, cookies, chips, and endless attention from the many adults in their lives. I had the luxury of sharing the crazy that is life with two little kids.

Now we're back at home, where goodies are only for dessert, and only if Maya uses the potty all day, where tv is generally not on between 8 and 4, and where my two arms are responsible for all diapering, potty assistance, feeding, carrying, and swing pushing.

The girls have actually adjusted rather well. Maya has only had one serious fit of withdrawal in the past two days, and their schedules already resemble our pre-vacation days.

I, on the other hand, am having my own withdrawal. I miss mom cooking for us every night! I miss looking at a deck full of adults and saying, "I'm going to swim for a bit, keep an eye on the girls." I miss sending Maya downstairs to grandma and grandpa so that Joe and I could sleep in (until 8:30 some days!).

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to be home. By the end of our trip, I really missed my alone time with the girls. Yesterday morning was like a scene from a movie: Elliot happy in her swing, singing "ba, ba, ba, BA" to Maya and I as we walked around the garden checking the baby peppers and tiny green beans, sampling our first summer squash and pulling some weeds.

It's good to be home raising the girls, but I miss my village.

No comments:

Followers

Search This Blog