It's been a while since I've offered up a general update... I'll conclude with an awesome apple pancake recipe, so stick with me.
1. Sleep Training: Elliot is doing pretty well, falling asleep on her own after many visits and pats on the back from Joe and I. She's only nursing right away in the morning and right before bed, with a snack in the middle of the night more often than not. Progress... We want to get her over that nightly wake up.... but progress all the same.
2. Orchard: We had a fantastic weekend adventure at a local apple orchard. We went with friends, who took the best pictures! Check it out at Adventures of Erik, Shana, & Anya. It was a fabulous place for adventure, with hay rides, apple picking, really aggressive goats at the petting zoo, hiking trails, and a stack of hay bales to climb.... The girls loved it!
3. Chickens: We're still getting 4 or 5 eggs a day, but we're also researching whether to put a light in the coop to keep them laying through the winter. Joe has added insulation to the coop, and has rigged a system to heat them on the coldest of days. More on that later.
4. Preschool: Maya is still loving it, bringing home loads of art projects that I don't know quite what to do with it. We may start sending them to family in the mail... remember snail mail etiquette. If you get a letter from Maya, please, PLEASE send her one back. She checks the mail every day!
5. And, as promised, the recipe. The apple orchard has inspired an apple pie, apple cake, apple sauce, and our favorite so far, German Apple Pancake. It's easy to make and sooo tasty. Let me know if you try it!
Gems worth Re-Reading
About Growing Baby Doing Good Together Elliot Rose Family Rituals Fie Flora and Fauna For the Love of Learning Greenish In My Opinion Just for Laughs Just for Me Making Tinkles Maya Mindfulness Mmm... So Tastey NaNoWriMo News of the Day Noveling Photo Friday Sewing Sisterly Love Sweet Dreams The Chicken Ladies the end Tonsils We like to Move It Move It Wonderment